The intense focus on
YOUTH can be distracting & challenging.
But, putting your focus
ON JUST THAT
will set you up for failure in accepting the aging process and embracing the
positives that come with it. Instead of fighting it, one must flow with it, and
BEAT it... & I do believe it can be done. Yes, you will age, it's
inevitable. Nobody wants the alternative. To become 50, 60,70,80... 90 is A
GIFT.
I am fortunate to come
from a good mix of DNA & an interesting ethnic background. That gives me a
"little bit" of an advantage when it comes to aging. I won't lie... I was not
pleased when the first grey temple hairs started poppin out, or the fact that I
acquired adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder, or the sudden appearance of the
indent( I refuse to say wrinkle) between my eyes became a Reality.I scrutinize
everything in life, & I do my makeup in a 10x magnifying, lighted makeup
mirror. Why? I'm a masochist? No, not really. I do have medium to high OCD-
plus my eyesight sucks. Ha! In the big scheme of things, I don't think about
getting older too too often. BUT, I will say, recently, I have. My birthday is
coming in 2 months & I will be 48. That number doesn't phaze me. But 50
does! It does because it says, to me, that half my life is OVER. That is... if
I'm lucky enough to live to 100.
Also, I don't FEEL 5
decades old. Or do I?
Not anymore. Up
until 7 weeks ago, I hadn't worked out for 16 months. Let me tell you, no
formal exercise for 16 months is WRONG. Wrong I say!!! It caused mild
depression, major aches and pains, lack of flexibility & stamina, weight
gain & that's just some of it. Oh, the list could go on and on.
Our bodies WANT to
move, lift, bend,sweat,stretch,run,climb,dance & be pushed. It's CRITICAL.
Regular exercise will make you look younger. It will!!!!
It isn't about a 40 yr
old woman looking 20. Sure, women try it...with fake boobs, botox,
those foolish lip injections that make the chick look like she just gave
a blowjob to a watermelon. They diet themselves bone thin, get a fake tan,
get long blonde hair extensions, wear the wrong shades of makeup, and act like
jackasses. They don't look younger!! It's a delusional attempt. It attracts
the wrong attention & the wrong men. It doesn't look cute. It looks
INSANE.
But a 45 yr old
woman can FEEL and PERFORM like an 18 yr old if she plays her cards right.
And a woman in her
late 40's CAN look 15 yrs younger in a good, natural way if they know what to
do!
First and foremost,
you gotta be A GRATEFUL PERSON. In order to do that, you have to look at the
Big Picture. Hopefully, you learned from your past mistakes, evolved & can
REFLECT back on your youthful days with a smirk. You NOW know things a 19 yr
old only WISHES they knew!! It's part of the journey.
They say with age
comes wisdom. It's completely true!!! You figure out your purpose, you weed
out the bad people, you become more aware of who you are in a genuine way, &
you have less to PROVE. It's rather freeing. When a woman embodies all of
that, age becomes just a number. Men flock to women like this. Trust me.
In turn, getting older
has it's flaws. Your metabolism slows down, your breasts drop, your skincare
routine becomes complex, greys start sprouting from your dome, and you aren't as
dewy fresh as you were in your 20's. You're also not as daft as you were
either,and that is a PLUS.
The best way to get
older, for ME, is to make reasonable attempts at a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, to take
PRIDE in who I am, to willingly accept physical changes I can do nothing
about....but to work on certain things I CAN fix.
I think having LOVE
in your life, at any age, is a sure fire way to feel young at heart. Sex,sex and
more sex, laughter, forgiveness, conviction, honesty, regular activity, no
smoking, healthy eating, meditation, acceptance, kindness to others, alone
time.... all critical elements to feeling good and looking good at any age.
No woman should ever
GIVE UP when they get in their 40's. I know alot of women who say: "Ahh, the
race is over, I'm married!" Well, this isn't about getting a man or keeping a
man. This is about SELF RESPECT. Nothing worse than a 40 something yr old
woman who could be a stunner, who WAS a stunner, but just threw in the towel.
What a cop out. What about your health? So what if you've been married for 25
yrs? It's not about the man. It's about feeling good about yourself. Why is
there a cut off age for caring about your looks?? I feel like the older I get,
the smarter I am. That is the bonus. So, why give up on the REST? You can be a
50 yr old Hottie. Not for your man. Not to try to attract young guys or
compete with young girls!! FOR YOU!! DO IT FOR YOU!! There is no reason in
life to not HAVE IT ALL. You must work hard at it, but man...the rewards could
be SOOO WORTH IT!!


No comments:
Post a Comment